Sheep Wool Batt and Roll
We believe sheep wool insulation is the best performing natural insulation available in the marketplace today. Compared to man made mineral fiber, sheep wool insulation has many advantages:
- Controls condensation—wool absorbs and releases moisture yet doesn’t lose it’s thermal performance; wool can in fact absorb up to 40% of its own weight and remain dry, to the touch.
- Wool actually heats up when absorbing moisture by up to 45 degrees F, this increases the dew point temperature reducing the risk of condensation.
- Wool absorbs harmful gasses, e.g. formaldehyde, and then locks them up permanently. Man made insulation emits gases.
- A better insulator compared to glass fiber insulation, requiring 10% less thickness to achieve the same insulating factor.
- Glass fiber thermal performance deteriorates dramatically when any moisture is present; wool’s performance is not affected.
- Wool will last for the life of the building due to the resilience of wool; glass fiber may compact and require topping up after 10 years.
- Wool is truly sustainable; a yearly clip of wool is available as a by-product of the livestock farming. Mineral wool depletes the world’s resources.
- Wool is a “Carbon sink”; it actually locks up CO2, man-made pollutes CO2 during its manufacture.
- Very low energy required in its manufacture, requiring 85% less energy compared to man- made products.
- Biodegradable at the end of its life.
- Safe to handle, no skin or respiratory problems typical of mineral wool.
- Lastly sheep wool insulation is a product of choice from the consumers perspective, who continue to express their concerns with mineral wool insulation
Available in Rolls
Call us at 585-626-0629 for quotes on sizes and cost.